Travel credit cards should always give you more than just rewards points. A good credit card should come with other perks like companion flights, amazing insurance coverage, and flexibility with transferring points between cards. So, if you’re looking for the best travel credit card Canada, have no fear.
Here, we’ve come up with a list of the 3 best travel credit card available to Canadians.
- Scotiabank Gold American Express
- Offers one of Canada’s richest reward rates of 4% on gas, grocery, dining and entertainment, 1% back on everywhere else
- $300 spending bonus
- Flexible – offers the flexibility to redeem your cash equivalent points for any travel expense
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage
- VIP lounge access with Priority Pass Lounges worldwide
- Discounts and other special offers on hotels, airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
2. American Express Gold Rewards
- Flexibility – transfer points to other reward programs such Delta, SkyMiles, Asia Miles
- $250 welcome bonus
- 2 points per dollar on gas, groceries, travel, pharmacy (one point is valued at $0.01)
- Book any airline and fly any day
3. The Winner: BMO World Elite MasterCard
- Generous cash back: 2% back in travel on all card purchases.
- Welcome bonus: $200 sign up bonus.
- Anywhere, anytime travel: Book with no blackout periods. Points can be used to cover all flight charges and taxes.
- Best in class travel and medical insurance (unlimited trips per year).
- Personal effects coverage that is good for the entire duration of the trip, not just when traveling on common carriers. No other issuer offers this.
- Four complimentary airport lounge visits per year worth over $200, and you can bring a guest.
- Points never expire and there are no limits on what you can earn.
What is your favorite travel credit card and why?
If you liked this article you might also like our write up on Booking The Cheapest Flights Anywhere